Our commitment to your privacy
At Upclose, we are fully committed to respecting the privacy of our customers, business partners, contractors, suppliers and employees.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
In general terms, "personal information" is any information that can be used to personally identify you. Examples of personal information include names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
(2) mailing, email or street address;
(3) telephone or facsimile number;
(4) age or birth date;
(5) profession, occupation or job title;
(6) details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
(7) any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or your online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect aggregated information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
We will collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect that information in various ways, including when you:
(1) access or use our website;
(2) speak with us by telephone;
(3) complete an application or purchase order;
(4) order products from us;
(5) contact us for information;
(6) require a refund or exchange;
(7) register your details on our website.
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
(1) we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
(2) we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
(3) we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Sensitive Information is information or opinion about such things as race, ethnicity, criminal records and health information and other meanings as set out in the Privacy Act. Sensitive information will be used by us only for the purpose for which it was obtained and with your consent or where required or authorised by law.
Using personal information
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide quality customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
(1) to complete sales transactions;
(2) to deal with queries or customer service issues. We may also keep information on your communications with our sales team through our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System;
(3) to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events and promotions that we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels;
(4) to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
(5) for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Upclose, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
(6) to process and respond to any complaint made by you.
Disclosing personal information
We only send or disclose your personal information to third party organizations when:
(1) we have your consent to share your information;
(2) we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
(3) we otherwise have a need to send your information to third-party service providers; or
(4) we are required or authorized by law to disclose the information.
We may also disclose your personal information to suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes.
When you access our website, we may send a "cookie" (which is a small summary file containing a unique ID number) to your computer. This enables us to recognize your computer and greet you each time you visit our website without bothering you with a request to register. Our cookies do not collect personal information. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyze trends, administer the website, track users' movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.